Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Inspiration, Personal Learning Network, & Social Bookmarking

INSPIRATION
Since the last time I wrote a blog, I learned a few new things that I never knew about technology before. The first new thing I learned was how to use Inspiration. I never knew anything about this program before I learned about it and I am so glad that I did! Before knowing about Inspiration I though the only way to make chart, diagrams, etc was only on Word. Man was I wrong. I wish I knew about Inspiration before going into my education method courses because it would have saved me so much time and my material probally would have looked a lot nicer as well. Not Only due I plan on using Inspiration within my own life, I plan on using it within my classroom. Inspiration was so easy to use, that I believe a first or second grader could use!
10 ways Inspiration could be used within my classroom:
1. To make graphs
2. To make diagrams
3. To practice writing skills
4. To create an outline about a topic
5. To make pyramids- if learning about food diagram
6. Can be used instead or powerpoint or notes to help the visual learners understand concept
7. To create webs to summarize a book into sections (characters, plot, theme, etc.)
8. Students can make graphic organizers to help with math, tests, etc.
9. To create venn diagrams
10. To create newletters or journal entries about their day that they can post online
________________________________________________________________________________

PERSONAL LEARNING NETWORKS
My personal learning networks are found on the Web. I probally use personal learning networks more often than I think I do. I am on the internet everyday! But to get the best quality of information I use websites that come from .edu, .org, .gov. Even though I don't use these websites or resources that often they come in handy within many of classes. I use the .com websites more in my everyday life, usually for social networking, emailing, shopping, as well as finding general information fast!
Within my field of study I use personal learning networks to help find information for lesson plans. Sometimes I use popular media to include within my personal learning network within my field of study. Sometimes instead of finding everything out on the internet I  will use face to face resources. I usually go to peers who are in the same classes to piggy back ideas off of one anyother. I also turn to my family, etc.
________________________________________________________________________________

SOCIAL BOOKMARKING
In class I learned about social bookmarking. Before this clas I knew what social bookmarking was but I really didn't understand the concept behind it. I thought it was the same thing as adding something into your favorite list. However the thing I learned about social bookmarking, is that no matter where I am I can pull up my bookmarks, as long as I have the right installments for it. How social bookmarking differs from just adding a web site to your favorite list is quiet simple. When you add something to your favorite list it is only saved onto the computer you added it too. Wehn you bookmark something it is saved to that website, link, app, etc & can be obtained though any device. Within my education class we use Diigo as our social bookmarking place! After learning about social bookmarking I appreicate it more than I did before.
There are many ways that social bookmarking can help both myself and my students. As a teacher it can help because instead of trying to remember what website I want to show the class, or what article, picture, video , etc. I can just pull up my social bookmarking site and just click on my saved link & it will take me right to where I wanted to go. Another way is that social bookmarking is a create way to organize all of my information, topics, concepts, ideas, activies etc. STudents would be able to find resources that could help them with homework that they could access while at home. Students could also follow the teachers social bookmarking in order to see ideas, topics, books, videos, etc to help them with they classwork, homework, projects, etc.
I think that social bookmarking can help me now as a student. Like I said it is a create why to organize different information I have been obtaining within my classes that can help me in the future. It is also a get way to find new ideas, activies, lessons, etc by following different tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment